Okay so I really like going to the gym for exercise (I’ll be honest some times it’s hard to keep going because I’m tired but I do what I can).
Here are a few tips I can give you all for keeping to your exercise regime whether you go to the gym, walk in the park, go for a bike ride, or etc….
- Pack your work out gear in the car
- This way you are less likely to talk your self out of working out.
- Seeing the clothes or something that reminds you about the gym or working out will give a little boost to your motivation
- We’re human so sometimes we forget to grab it when we head out the door 🙂
- Bring water and a towel
- Water is important since we need to stay hydrated
- Towels are really nice when we sweat a lot; sweat getting into your eyes can be annoying
- Don’t forget your music!!
- I can’t remember the last time I left my headphones or iPod at home but I know if I did I was probably upset I did
- I know I need the extra push from a good beat
- Don’t feel embarrassed or shy that you’re in the gym
- If you go to the gym by yourself don’t be ashamed. We are all there to workout and get healthy to feel better/good about ourselves
- Make it enjoyable
- Don’t be miserable while working out otherwise you’ll be less likely to stick with it
- Everything we do doesn’t have to be fun and exciting but change up your workout so you can at least stay interestet
- Change it up!
- This goes with the note above, if you keep doing the same thing the entire time you will get bored. And may even plateau
- Go for a walk or jog outside, play a sport for fun, go biking, take a class at the gym, go dancing… do something different to help stay with your workout
Keep it up, just don’t give up because we’ll never see results if we do